THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Thursday, July 26, 2012

"Old Hutch"

     I eyed this old hutch forever...and forever at a thrift store but, it was (in my opinion) way over priced yet desirable. So, on Sunday (after church) we take a nice motorcycle ride to a favorite spot to eat and check out the thrift store again before leaving for Vancouver, Washington...and the price was marked down to almost pennies!

     Well, to make a long story short I returned early Monday morning to purchase and later that afternoon we drive back down to trailer home before leaving for vacation on Tuesday.

     For now it's in the garage and I can't wait to get back and transform this beauty that I will either keep or place in my vendor space at "Sweet Repeats". It's massive, heavy and has long glass shelves to display my collection of dishes.

     But, I have just one dilemma and it's the paint color? I have been considering white, blue (not just any blue though) or maybe a grey. What color would you paint it? I'd love to hear your comments on paint colors.

     Until next time happy thrifting and collecting.

     The Blue Farmhouse.

I love those curves
My best helper strapping everything down
One last check

Can't wait to transform this piece
































4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...what a find! Your my friend will want to get home fast...isn't it lovely to know that she will be waiting for you. I like her colour BUT a pretty turquoise and white would be lovely...happy dance. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful to wake up and read your lovely comments...I truly wish I had time to cross the border to meet you and share a cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous piece of furniture. I don't blame you for going back for it. Can't wait to see how you transform this piece. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi. I'm looking forward to getting started and planning to take my time in order to do a job well done. I'll definitely post pictures so I hope you visit again to see the final results:)

      Delete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.