THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Sunday, February 5, 2012

"What Is It Anyway?"

     It's certainly not an antique but vintage. It's rusted and weathered and no longer manufactured (I think). Do I have plans for it? Definitely.

     When I hauled it off the back of this gentleman's truck, my first thought was "I can use this for flowers". Of course, I need 2 containers to fit in the diameter of the circles any other to plant flowers that just spill over the sides. Now that I know what it's original purpose is I have another plan....um a "green plan".

     My second plan is to go to the home improvement store to find the aluminum trash cans that fit and "reduce"our garbage consumption. But, my only dilemma will be the garbage man's hydrolic truck won't be able to hurdled this vintage piece in the air and dump the contents.

     Well, I just gave it's purpose away. Yes, it was originally used to place your aluminum garbage cans and come trash pick up day the homeowner rolls curbside to be emptied.

     I love it because I now know "What Is It Anyway"?


My latest find


Vintage trash can

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow, this is awesome!!!
    It would look great with a couple of vintage galvanized buckets full of flowers!!
    LOVE it!!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.