THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Monday, February 13, 2012

"Pasadena, Part One"

     There is only one word that comes to mind when I reflect on my weekend in Pasadena...Exhilarating! It was a dream, a wish and now a reality. I recall reading in magazines like "Country Home" and quotes from Rachel Ashwell curator of "Shabby Chic" about this flea market. It lived up to every imagination I could've possibly had and then exceeded all my expectations.

     The location of the "Rose Bowl Flea Market" stadium was beautiful as I gazed upward to view all the beautiful and stately homes dotting the hillsides.

     I was previously advised by a friend to wear comfortable shoes for walking and bring something to place all my wares into (preferably with wheels). I immediately spotted what appeared to be "the veterans"of such events because not only did they push carts on wheels, but arrived in trucks and were loaded with merchandise on 4 wheeled flatbed carts.

     As for me, I was just like a kid in a candy store well more like a collector/decorator store. I can hardly wait for the next opportunity to return with my husband and feel so lucky that we share a love of collecting, thrifting and look for vintage finds.

     Lastly, I want to say how proud I was of myself that I didn't loose my head among 2,500 vendors trying to buy everything in site. I actually bargained for everything and that's why I could go home with so many fabulous and functional finds for $122.00.

     On our way home we drove through scenic Malibu and realized all over again how blessed and happy we are to live in beautiful California!

     Enjoy.


Oh Yeah!


Hubby in line for tickets


Making a purchase (ceiling medallion) for a chandelier


Carved angels


Beautiful blue and white quilt


More shopping


Vintage Valentine cards


Beautiful chandeliers everywhere


Something for everyone


A must visit


What fun (packaging up)


Beautiful Malibu


Malibu coastline


Serenity

Tommy's Hog Heaven (Motorcycles)


Lots of motorcycles
(location of the famous Mulholland Drive)

















No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.