THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Monday, December 16, 2013

"Featuring....One Kings Lane & Me"

     I received a request by Chloe from the online home decor retailer One Kings Lane to do a post featuring a "statement chair" in my home that reflects my personal style. This wasn't a hard decision at all and I'm thrilled to say that they [all seven] were free! There are many things about these chairs that I love including the comfort, workmanship, color and especially the nail head trim featured on the arms, curved back, sides and front.

     In a previous post "A New Look" you get a close up glimpse of these chairs and I mentioned that they were acquired from a bank that closed. I didn't need a history lesson on nailhead trimmed chairs to know that these were a keeper! My initial vision was to pair them with an old farmhouse table [which I don't have...right now] remember I'm a dreamer...so one day I will. And if I couldn't find one in my many thrift store outings either one of these tables [Monastery Collection or the Salvaged Wood Trestle Collection] would definitely work!

     Currently these caramel colored leather chairs are featured with a old oval style table I found and painted white. I love how the color punctuates the white distressed table with accents pillows pulling in the paisley colored pillows and blue pillows from Pottery Barn. So here's to living with what you love and until next time happy collecting, thrifting and just being "beautiful" you.

     For more information please visit One Kings Lane Home Decor Resource Guide designed to inspire and educate home decor enthusiasts like yourself.

     The Blue Farmhouse


Nailhead trim dates back to the period of 1560-1643 and the advent of French Country Style during the reign of Louis XIII

 Up close

Welcome

2 comments:

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.