THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Friday, December 20, 2013

"Fad or Fabulous?"

     I'm just wondering...what are your thoughts on incorporating vintage doors in your home decor? I'm not much for fad's or the latest craze...however I love these architectural pieces [like beautiful old doors] alongwith other finds that certainly add instant character to any space.

     Can you imagine how excited I was when I found this old door and it was free [um...I think]! I spotted it in a vacant yard of a trailer park while on my lunch break.. returning later with my husband to load and the rest is...well this post.

     What attracted me to this door is the big window pane. I have definitely conjured up a few ideas on how I could use this door once it's all cleaned up... fresh coat of paint and some simple decorative stenciling.  Here's a few beautiful images from Pinterest on how doors are being used in today's home decor. What do you think? Fad or Fabulous?

-Pinterest Images-







 I love the big window


The Blue Farmhouse

2 comments:

  1. Love these ideas....
    Have a very Merry Christmas my friend...hope it is filled with oodles of joy....love and PEACE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Koralee...and Merry Christmas to you and your family as we celebrate the reason for the season...JESUS.:)

    ReplyDelete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.