THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Dream Job

     Remember the lyrics from the song Imagine by John Lennon, "some people say I'm a dreamer but I'm not the only one." Well that's me. I have a great job but my dream job is to be a shop owner and to find beautiful and unique pieces for it, as well as for my clients homes.

     When I was in the Puget Sound area vacationing I saw so many things I would have loved to have purchased, but I couldn't get anything else in the car (ask my brother-in-law Jeff) and I was on a budget.

     There's so many beautiful and unique pieces in shops, antique stores, thrift stores, consignment stores, garage sales, estate sales and the list could go on and on. The sky is really the limit. There are people that can just buy a room of stuff but my decorating philosophy lends itself to these two things:
  1. Purchase solid (quality) pieces.
  2. Add as you go. (Location, Location, Location)
     A room and certainly a home comes together over time and the joy is in the hunt. That's why I'm never done decorating.

     In the meantime, I'm  happy to share with you all my finds and someday I just might be a shop owner!

     Happy collecting and blogging.



I love this!

1 comment:

  1. great tips to live by!
    this would be a good quote to put on the fridge too.

    ReplyDelete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.