THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Monday, September 15, 2014

Form Versus Function?

Me...The Blue Farmhouse

     I'm curious to know how many of us...that's collectors, thrifters and do-it-yourself decorators actually use the lovelies we find or are they for display only? In part I think the answer certainly is both...we use them and when they aren't then it's pure 'eye candy'!

     I love to entertain my friends as often as I can but my home is certainly 'lived' in as well. So I leave you with a couple of functional finds I discovered for my home over the weekend... and a quote I keep with me so that I don't get overwhelmed in the process... 


A cute white eyelet lined (removable) laundry basket

Rhodes Party Bucket from Pottery Barn


Two arm chairs that match the others I had already


"The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary can speak."
Hans Hofman
A quote from Rachel Ashwell's book "Shabby Chic Interiors My Rooms, Treasures and Trinkets

Thanks for dropping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hi sweet friend....thank you for visiting me! I love your finds and yes I do try to use the things I find! I just want to say that you look adorable and I LOVE your white tunic! hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Koralee...and I love all the sweetness you leave for us. And the white tunic...well it's a thrift store find too:)

      Love...Rita

      Delete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.