THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Look What I Found

    Well, I want to share with all my dear readers my latest treasured finds while thrifting in Santa Barbara last weekend. It's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to  really get out and treasure hunt. Thankfully I wasn't disappointed in my hunting.

    I found this chandelier in back of the store on top of a open shelf. Obviously, you can see in the before pictures that glass bulbs aren't original to the chandelier. So, I began to envision how beautiful it would look by just removing them and letting the bulbs stand along. Or I thought I could place white shade coverings over the bulbs. The cut glass style gives it substantial weight and evokes a quiet romantic elegance. Now can you believe I paid only....well I'll keep that to myself.

   Next, I found the mirror in the same store and paid pennies for it. It's beautiful in it's original state but I prefer to paint it white and with a light sanding allow some of it's gold patina to be visible. I'm not sure where I'll put it, but there's always room for another mirror!

      Let me know what you think of the before and after pictures. See you next week!



Glass cut chandelier



Gold mirror embossed with flowery edge

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.