THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Saturday, May 3, 2014

"A Little Goes A Long Way...."

     This is my advice to which I adhere to when decorating with these beautiful architectural ceiling medallions. These pieces were often used to suspend chandeliers and where very commonly found in older homes. Today they are still used as accent pieces, but not just only the ceilings also the walls in your home too.

     I love the intricacy found in these ceiling medallions and if you look hard enough you can locate one while scouring flea markets, thrift stores and yard sales. I found my first one at the Pasadena Rose Bowl Flea Market (awesome trip) and another one last week painted a deep burgundy color and purchased it for $3.99. If you find one painted in a color you don't like just simply redo it...I'm repainting mine white.

     I look forward to showing you the end results so until next time happy collecting, thrifting and remember ..."a little really does go a long way". See you soon!

     The Blue Farmhouse.

Pinterest image

Pinterest image
(I found one like this)

Pinterest image

Pinterest image


My favorite chandelier




2 comments:

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.