THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Monday, July 1, 2013

"New Bedding Meets...?"

     I've heard it said that when you purchase something that you love...you'll never tire of it. And that's my exact feeling about my bed we bought many, many, many moons ago. We were newly married [hint..since we've been married for 33 years] and really shouldn't have afforded it...but it was my dream bed... so my husband purchased it for me.

     It is a Bassett four poster pineapple topped bed (called The Great Bed) and it's height is 76 inches from the floor. I still have a Better Homes & Gardens magazine with this exact bed on the cover. It really is stunning and I love it today just as much as when I first laid eyes on it.

     So I just purchased this beautiful blue duvet cover and shams from Pottery Barn last night. I've had my eyes on this as well...just hoping to find it at an affordable price and I did while doing some online shopping last night. It was on sale for an unbelievable low price..I can't wait until it arrives next week.

      This is a perfect way to refresh the bedroom for the summer without breaking the bank. It's going to perfect with the found white cabinet and new glass knobs from Pottery Barn. Now I just need to accessorize it with something old...something new and always something blue...[and a surprise chandelier] I promise to show you later!

     Until next time happy collecting, thrifting and refreshing the rooms in your home.

      The Blue Farmhouse.

New Bedding

My bed and nightstand
[I kept this pamphlet all these years]




2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh, I think it will look wonderful, refreshed and super romantic!
    I love it!
    And... do I sense a bit of "love" for "turquoise or aqua"?

    Can't wait to see the total picture when it is all put together.

    And... I have a love for chandeliers!

    Hugs,

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandy. The bedding is beautiful and the bed is high and romantic too. I'm excited about putting it all together...between my ob of course.:(

    Love...Rita

    ReplyDelete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.