THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Saturday, June 14, 2014

" Bedroom Transformation...Beginning Stages"

     This is how I'm transforming a $15.00 tufted vintage upholstered headboard and turning it into something fabulous. It all started last night with a shopping trip to Target store. It was there that I purchased this beautiful duvet cover and shams, down blend comforter, extra charcoal/gray checker pillowcases, new pillows, sheet set and new blinds.

     Later I will soften and disguise the beds corner by draping fabric from the ceiling...perhaps a soft gray to down play the vibrant color of the headboard.

     There's still more to do but I'm happy (and so is my daughter) with the results so far and color too! Until next time happy collecting, shopping and thrifting...

     The Blue Farmhouse

So far...so good

Closer look



My helper

Some ideas and inspiration

Pinterest image




2 comments:

  1. Hi My friend! I LOVE what you did......I have always loved those colours! Now you have me wanting to head to Target! Thanks for the congratulations on my becoming a grammie....still waiting! Happy Summer to you....enjoy every last blessing it has for us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Koralee...I never think my pictures do much justice to the things I find. This headboard really is beautiful and has a vintage feel and for only $15.00...well if I change my mind it's okay. Thanks for the lovely comment and I'll be awaiting news on the "grand baby:)

    ReplyDelete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.