THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Saturday, December 3, 2011

"Not Your Grandma's Country"

     The barometer I use to make sure that my designs stay fresh and updated are these 2 things: When my daughter Ryan says, "Mom I want that", after a day of thrift stores and antiquing and just being true to my decorating vision and personal style.

     There's an old proverb that says, "there's nothing new under the sun" and I believe that this is true of design. Inspiration is all around us be it through people we aspire to emulate, nature, magazines and the list could go on and on.

     My daughters have grown up seeing me garden, antique shopping and dream of one day having my own shop. I will never forget what Ryan said to me once when she relocated to where we currently reside. Her father gave her directions to our new house and when she arrived she said, "Mom I knew this was the house when I saw all the flowers outside".

     I personally love Ryan's style and enjoy reading her blog. She inspires me! Honestly, I can't believe that I am so blessed to be the mother of these beautiful young ladies and I tell them all the time, "You'll grow up and be just like me (loving blue and white) and hopefully dream bigger and go farther.

      I already see signs of their unique styles as they create and forge their own fashion styles and eventually one day their homes.

     So it is true....like mother....like daughter!




Me and My Beautiful Daughters

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A year later...I love you too Ryan:)

      Delete
    2. your daughters are all STUNNING just beautiful i love looking at your blog and the beautiful home you have made thank you for sharing it . It's inspiring the artist in me

      Delete
    3. Hello Lisalott,
      I'm sorry that I just say this message...I've been busy over on Instagram. Come and follow me over there if you'd like.:)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful picture of you and the girls. Love you all, Sweetie

    ReplyDelete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.