THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Saturday, January 10, 2015

"A Big Find"

     It was an anxious, quiet, and seemingly longer drive to our destination while hoping to arrive before the thrift store closes. And adding to my anxiety...will it be there or did I just waste my gas and time? Upon arrival I jump out of the car, rush up a flight of stairs...it's here!

     Thanks to Kim at Savvy Southern Style for sharing about her rare ironstone find that prompted me to go back and purchase this bowl. Is it ironstone or buffalo china? I'm no sure but there's no chips and the crazing adds so much character.  I'll need to do some investigating but, regardless of the status it's a keeper and to think it only cost me $20.

     I want to thank you dropping by and welcome any information or thoughts that you might have on it's origins.

     The Blue Farmhouse




Deep and round bowl

Markings on the bottom

2 comments:

  1. That is a FABULOUS bowl! I see summertime parties with a huge fruit salad in it. What a score.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet comment and the "summertime parties and fruit salad". I'll be sure to take a picture to share.:)

      Delete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.