THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

THE BLUE FARMHOUSE

Saturday, September 15, 2012

"Like A Good Neighbor..."

     This is the phrase that came to mind as I thought about the lovely gift (again) my dear neighbor Lisa left for me. When I awoke this morning and entered the living room to open the blinds, I stumbled across what I thought was an old carved panel. Upon closer observation it's a rooster carving with lots of wonderful details.

     Immediately I go to my husband to thank him for his good taste on something that will fit perfecting into "Blue Farmhouse "style. Of course, I learn from my daughter that my neighbor down the street left it for me.

     I have plans for this piece and unfortunately I'm going to change the color to____? to reveal more of the details in this piece. So please come back and let me know what you think of the color and transformation.

     Again, thank you Lisa for this beautiful gift! Until next time happy thrifting and collecting.

     The Blue Farmhouse.

A gift from my neighbor


Closer look



8 comments:

  1. what a great gift/what a great neighbour
    like you i would probably [succumb] to painting this panel
    actually whitewash it but honestly doesn't it look great
    in it's natural aged wood patina: decisions decisions x ...

    [btw love the catchy format/content of your blog]

    ***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome aboard....and I'm happy that you have chosen to follow "The Blue farmhouse" and hope each time you find something inspirational. I will showing the results of the panel on Tuesday and I'll look for your response. Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. oh my how sweet is that...your neighbour is amazing!

    Enjoy...sending you oooodles of wishes for
    A
    Happy
    New
    Creative
    Week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Koralee....I send you best wishes all the time. I always love your creativity:)

      Delete
  3. What a fabulous piece Rita!! I have roosters in my kitchen, this would definitely look fabulous in there! :)
    Can't wait to see what you do with it!
    Hope you have a beautiful week.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Melinda and the piece is really nice....I have repainted it and looking forward to showing the results probably on Tuesday. You are so sweet and I hope your week is just as beautiful as you have wished for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great neighbor you have!!!!


    m ^..^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, indeed and I hope to be the same kind of neighbor:) Thanks for dropping by and I hope you revisit on to see the new out come!

    ReplyDelete

The Blue Farmhouse. All rights reserved. BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.